There are several keyword tools out there. I like to work with Overtures since its free and easy. Bear in mind that the figures from Overture are often inflated often a l...

Hows that number coming along? You wll recall in-the first part of this series I covered getting a list together of some ideas for your site or blog market. Hopefully you have a sizeable list of basic classes. The next steps include narrowing the keywords and then performing some supply and demand study.

There are several keyword resources out there. I like to work with Overtures because its free and easy. Keep in mind that the numbers from Overture usually are filled sometimes somewhat sometimes a whole lot. This impressive quality backlinks article directory has many novel warnings for the purpose of this activity. They fudge the numbers by counting like queries fly and flies or internet and affiliates get counted since the same dilemma. Remember they earn more income convincing their potential advertisers a search phrase is common.

Therefore plug-in one of many common search terms from your list. Im going to test dogs. Listed below are the results:

Queries done in February 2006

Count Research Period

1104234 dog

225786 dog breed

183180 dog education principles

152056 dog show

139072 dog breeders

98321 dog name

97021 dog instruction

91172 dog image

88480 dog for sale

62657 dog brushing

56907 dog surprise

I edited a number of like spy dog out for expediency. To compare more, please consider glancing at: best link building software. I like dog training [basics] and dog breeds. Identify further on our favorite partner article - Click here: link building tools. Looks like folks are trying to find both a great deal. Since we have the need, lets go over to Google and check the source.

Enter the exact search phrase, placing quotes around it so Google looks for precisely what we would like. Google returns 5,59o,000 benefits, In the event that you devote puppy breeds. Try top of the right-hand corner with this number.

Heard of Sumantra Roy? Not likely. Hes a guy who focuses primarily on specific keyword study and SEO. He's invented a method termed the Keyword Effectiveness Index or KEI to measure the potential of the keyword. Identify extra resources on an affiliated wiki by going to link building service. I use a less complicated version of it. Here it is:

KEI = Demand / Supply

That's - Demand divided by Supply. The larger the KEI the better. This gives a simplified KEI to you that ranges from 1-10. People compare this to the Richter Scale, and thus each successive number is exponentially better compared to last number.

Within our illustration above, the KEI for dog will be.04, which isnt that good.

Dog Training Basics yields 45,600 results for Google. The KEI will be 4, that will be fantastic. Hmmwait a moment. Our lesson is concluded by that. Bye. [Sound of running down the hall and door slamming]. Just a little geek humor there.

Execute a few more and see what you develop. I did so dog title and got a of.10, which will be awful. I also tried dog gift, which got me a KEI of.07.

I usually pick up the greatest KEI key words and plug them back in the Overture software and check it out again.

Furthermore, Wordtracker does this all for you. Try it for free and see how easy it's. Just bear in mind that they use different resources for both demand and supply than my example above, but that shouldnt make too much of a difference.

So now we should have a much smaller list that's the right prospects on it..