There are several keyword tools out there. I like to use Overtures because its free and easy. Remember the figures from Overture are often filled sometimes a l...

Hows that record coming along? You wll remember in the first element of this collection I included getting a list together of a few ideas on your site or blog niche. Hopefully you have a good sized list of general categories. The next steps involve narrowing the keywords and then performing some supply and demand study.

There are many keyword resources out there. I love to utilize Overtures because its free and easy. Keep in mind that the figures from Overture are often inflated sometimes a little sometimes a whole lot. They fudge the numbers by counting like concerns fly and flies or affiliates and affiliate get counted because the same dilemma. Remember they make more money persuading their potential advertisers a key phrase is popular.

Therefore plug in among the general search terms from your list. Im going to try dogs. Here are the results:

Queries done in February 2006

Depend Search Expression

1104234 dog

225786 dog breed

183180 dog instruction principles

152056 dog show

139072 dog breeders

98321 dog name

97021 dog education

91172 dog image

88480 dog available

62657 dog brushing

56907 dog gift

I edited several like snoop dog out for expediency. I like dog breeds and dog training [basics]. Be taught supplementary resources on the affiliated site - Click here: link building services info. Clicking quality backlinks likely provides warnings you should give to your girlfriend. Looks like individuals are searching for both a lot. Now that we have the demand, lets look at to Google and check always the source.

Enter the precise key phrase, putting quotes around it therefore Google looks for precisely what we want. In the event that you place in puppy breeds, Google returns 5,59o,000 results. Browse here at the link click for quality link building to read why to consider it. Try looking in the top of right-hand corner with this number.

Ever heard of Sumantra Roy? Most likely not. Hes a man who focuses on specific keyword study and Search Engine Optimization. He has invented a system called the Keyword Effectiveness Index or KEI to gauge the potential of a keyword. I take advantage of a simpler version of it. Here it is:

KEI = Demand / Supply

That's - Demand split by Supply. The higher the KEI the better. This provides a basic KEI to you that ranges from 1-10. People compare this for the Richter Scale, and thus each successive number is exponentially better compared to the last number.

Within our illustration above, the KEI for dog will be.04, which isnt that great.

Dog Training Basics yields 45,600 benefits for Google. The KEI could be 4, which is terrific. Hmmwait one minute. That ends our training. Bye. [Sound of running down the hallway and door slamming]. Just a little geek laughter there.

Execute a few more and see what you come up with. I did dog title and got a of.10, that is poor. I also tried dog present, which got me a KEI of.07. To learn more, please consider taking a look at: my best link building services.

I usually grab the best KEI key words and put them back in the Overture instrument and check it out again.

Incidentally, Wordtracker does this all for you. Try it for free and see how easy it is. Just bear in mind that they use different resources for both supply and demand than my example above, but that shouldnt make too much of a difference.

So now we must have a much smaller list that's the right prospects about it..