I followed a 1 year-old female dog of a year ago. I've 2 cats who was raised with dogs and like dogs. When my dog first appeared, the first day or two she was subdued-- being in a new surrounding - but then she wished to play rough with all the cats... which didn't set too well using them.

The cats run and when we try to have all of them within the same room together when watching TELEVISION, etc she chases. I have been keeping them split up with baby gates (canine in your kitchen a...

Expensive Adam,

I adopted a-1 year-old female dog about a year before. I've 2 cats who grew up with dogs and like dogs. When my dog first came, the first couple of days she was subdued-- being in a new surrounding - however she wanted to play rough with all the cats... which didn't set too well using them.

The cats run and she chases when we try to have them all within the same room together when watching TV, an such like. I have been keeping them split up with child gates (the dog in your kitchen and the cats in living room) and do not allow dog over except both cats are outside. The dog ends up spending too much time within the bounds of your kitchen with this technique.

Will there be a method to teach her that we do not want her rough-housing with the cats so they can all be together in the exact same place when I'm present? The e-collar sounds good but therefore costly. Perhaps a less expensive option? Thanks. In the event you require to be taught more about sponsor, there are many online resources people might pursue. Enjoyed the book!

Willie Mae & DeAnne

Dear Willie Mae & DeAnne:

Once the cats run, they're triggering your dog's feed drive. That is instinctive. Nevertheless, it's also normal for a dog to defer judgement to his group leader.

What this signifies is that: You must behave like the pack leader. Discover additional information on our affiliated website - Browse this website: ftp sugarsync. Browsing To continue reading possibly provides aids you could give to your sister.

In other words, if you tell you dog to lay out, you should USE THE TECHNIQUES in the book (time, persistence and determination) to keep the dog in a down-stay.

I professionally LOVE having cats around when I am training. What might be safer to proof your pet around?

Remember, your dog must remain down UNTIL you give him the 'Have a break'! Order. If h-e gets around chase the cats, then you may need to correct him back into the down position. I learned about visit site by browsing webpages.

If h-e gets up again, it's a sure bet that the corrections lack motivation. (Correct more tightly. Ensure you are becoming slack in the line. In the event the dog's human anatomy is moving when you appropriate him, then you're using muscle as opposed to technique... Maybe not good!)

You do not need a digital collar. Merely a $12 prong collar and a six foot leash.

Once you get your dog to carry a down-stay around cats using simply proper timing, consistency and determination, your friends may think you are a master. Or the lost love child of Sigmund and Roy.

Now if you can only get these awful cats experienced!

That is all for the time being, people!

Adam.