There are several keyword resources out there. I like to work with Overtures since its free and easy. Keep in mind that the numbers from Overture are usually inflated sometimes a l...

Hows that list coming along? You wll remember in the first element of this series I included finding a list together of ideas on your site or blog niche. Hopefully you have a good sized list of general classes. Navigating To outsource link building maybe provides lessons you should give to your cousin. The next steps include narrowing the keywords and then doing some supply and demand research.

There are many keyword tools out there. I like to make use of Overtures since its free and easy. Keep in mind the numbers from Overture usually are filled sometimes somewhat sometimes a lot. They fudge the figures by counting like requests fly and flies or internet and affiliates get counted because the same query. Remember they make more money convincing their potential advertisers that a key phrase is popular.

Therefore plug-in among the common search terms from your list. Im going to try dogs. Here are the results:

Queries done in February 2006

Depend Search Expression

1104234 dog

225786 dog breed

183180 dog training principles

152056 dog show

139072 dog breeders

98321 dog name

97021 dog instruction

91172 dog image

88480 dog for sale

62657 dog grooming

56907 dog gift

I edited several like spy dog out for expediency. I love dog breeds and dog training [basics]. Discover more on our affiliated site - Click this hyperlink: click for quality backlinks. Discover further on our partner essay by going to rank checker tool. Looks like individuals are looking for both a great deal. Since we have the need, lets review to Google and check the source.

Type in the exact key phrase, putting quotes around it therefore Google looks for exactly what we would like. Google returns 5,59o,000 results, In the event that you put in dog breeds. Try the upper right-hand corner with this number.

Have you ever heard of Sumantra Roy? Most likely not. Hes a guy who focuses on SEO and certain keyword research. He has invented a method called the Keyword Effectiveness Index or KEI to gauge the potential of a keyword. I take advantage of a simpler version of it. Here it is:

KEI = Demand / Supply

That's - Demand split by Supply. The larger the KEI the better. Thus giving you a simplified KEI that ranges from 1-10. People compare this for the Richter Scale, and therefore each successive number is dramatically better compared to the last number.

In our illustration above, the KEI for dog breed would be.04, which isnt that good.

Dog Training Basics yields 45,600 results for Google. The KEI could be 4, that will be great. To compare additional info, people should check-out: best link building services. Hmmwait a moment. That concludes our lesson. Bye. [Sound of running down the door and hallway slamming]. Somewhat nerd humor there.

Perform a few more and see what you produce. I did dog name and got a of.10, which will be lousy. I also tried dog surprise, which got me a KEI of.07.

I often get the greatest KEI key words and put them back in the Overture tool and check it out again.

Furthermore, Wordtracker does this all for you. Try it for free and see how easy it's. Just remember that they use various resources for both supply and demand than my example above, but that shouldnt make an excessive amount of a difference.

So now we should have a much smaller number that's some good prospects about it..