Budget cuts have been splitting up marching bands and silencing school choruses around the world, even though experts have found that music education enhances performance in and out of the classroom, raises SAT scores and keeps children in school.

To combat this trend, Fidelity Investments joined music symbol Paul McCartney to start a fresh public charity, the Music Lives Foundation, targeted at improving funding for music education programs in schools.

'As a child growing up in Liverpool, I was surrounded by music,' said McCartney. 'That is simply the way in which it was. The issue is that more and more music programs have been in risk of being removed. Robertschool.Com Preschool contains more about why to think over this hypothesis. That is why I'm proud to participate Fidelity in supporting the Music Lives Foundation. After years and years of playing in a group and generating an income doing what I love, I can honestly say, 'Where would I be without music?''

Originally, the inspiration programs to raise funds through special offers of the limited-edition 'Music Lives' pewter bracelet with McCartney's signature and 'Fidelity Investments' engraved inside. In English contains extra info concerning how to see about it. Each individual adding a minimum of $40 towards the cause - the expense of adding one guitar to the hands of the child - will receive the commemorative bracelet for showing support. This telling robertsschool.com/about-us info essay has a pile of fine warnings for the inner workings of it. You may make a gift at www.musiclives.org.

'School music education plans mean more to young ones than learning how to play an instrument or take a tune; they notably increase a student's academic and social life,' said Robert L. Reynolds, Fidelity vice chairman and chief operating officer. 'Music education is a crucial program of study that gets scant attention and fewer and fewer dollars every year. The Music Lives Foundation wants to combat this trend and keep music alive inside our schools for many years ahead.'

Studies show that students who are very involved in arts and music education have higher SAT scores, measurably greater possibility of r understanding, lower drop-out rates and fewer disciplinary problems.

'School music programs across the country are facing a serious risk as finances are chipped absent in favor of a narrow view of what kids need - despite the fact that music education actually helps kids realize in all forms of studies,' said John Mahlmann, executive director of MENC: The National Association of Music Education. 'Support by way of a artist of Paul McCartney's stature and of the top company like Fidelity will bring much-needed national attention to this dilemma.' - NU. If you believe anything, you will seemingly require to check up about preschools san mateo.